Google Search

Custom Search

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Time-----Down The Memory Lane....

Few days back as i was returning from office......walking down the road... a tune caught my attention...it was a familiar tune i used to love as a kid.....the very melodious christmas tune..."Jingle Bell Jingle Bell Jingle all the way Santa clause is coming along riding on this way"...so i turned back....and saw Santa walking behind me....i stopped and looked towards him...and gave a smile...seems he liked my smile...and in return I got a gift....a choclate.......as he disappeared frm my sight....i was pondering on something...yes my childhood days incidence.....thts what i m going to share now.....


As a kid one day I returned home, grumbling that Santa Clause comes with gifts but I never saw him… my mother came up with a quick word, "he visits those kids who are not naughty, who study well and obey their parents." The little brain inside my head was in a dilemma, "should I be naughty or behave well?" I thought. Christmas was round the corner and after a lot of pondering I asked, " mummy, if I behave well, will Santa come?" "Certainly", said my mother.

From that very moment I was a good child, eating whatever was served, completing the homework on time, no talking and playing pranks in school..

On the Christmas Eve…. I inquired, "did I behave well?" mom said, "Santa would decide". That was the first Christmas eve when I slept late waiting for Santa to arrive.. My mother told me that he would arrive only after I sleep. I went to bed and was soon asleep…into the lands of dreams....

Next morning I woke up to see a Polly bag full of chocolates kept beside me… I was very excited to see that….

I was running around the house shouting in elation ….

SANTA CAME ! SANTA CAME ! SANTA CAME!

I made all my friends believe my tale….{I m expert in doing tht....}

It became a regular feature every year, on Christmas I would find a gift on my bedside and my friends tried hanging socks, writing letters but for no benefit….

By the time I was 12 or 13 I realized….. its not Santa who comes but it was mother….

She kept on denying this fact for a few more years but then, I knew it all….

Thanx Mom....for all the goodies and love and caring....nothing can be compared to tht..u r the best mom...u had to handle a mischevious kid like me.....Miss you a Lotttttttttttt.......

Hope my Santa keeps visitng life long.....i hope my children also will love my santa a lot....[heheh]

till then.....
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your children??
kahan chupake rakhe hai ;)
some of my frnds say that santa actually comes to their place,donno if its true

AMITESH said...

i don't think so thts real santa clause..ultimately its man in disguise

Anand said...

Gr8 blog bro......was short and sweet....to the point writing which made it all the more interesting...
keep posting :)